Why are we doing a flood study?
The objective of the flood study is to identify the nature and extent of flooding in the area. Under the NSW Government Flood Prone Land Policy, local councils are responsible for the management of flood liable land.
Key steps of the flood study:
1. Collect and review all flood-related information especially resident experience and local knowledge.
2. Develop a computer flood model to simulate the flood behaviour
3. Calibrate the model to reproduce historic floods
4. Simulate a range of hypothetical flood events across a range of storms
5. Prepare a report and maps detailing the outcomes of all stages of the investigation.